This department was established in response to the growing labor market requirements in the field of accounting, and in order to actively contribute to the scientific and practical development plans in the country responding to recommendations of the revolution of higher education initiated by the government.
His Excellency, the Vice Chancellor of the university issued a decision on the establishment of the Accounting department in 2005 as stated at the second educational conference. The Department’s syllabuses and curricula were approved by experts in accounting. In 2005 Ustaz. Mohamed Mukhtar Assmani was appointed as coordinator of the department.
Emphasizing the vision of the University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Science, the Accounting department aims to become one of the departments that operate in accordance with the requirements of Total Quality Management (TQM) through the preparation of a competent generation capable of effectively and scientifically serving the country in the field of accounting.
The department’s mission is to provide a distinguished high quality scientific-based education in the field of accounting to meet the requirements of the local, regional and international labor market through conforming to criteria of education quality and by conducting objective scientific research to achieve the goals of development and to contribute to the development of the country.
In addition to the objectives of the university and the Faculty of Administrative Sciences, in particular, the accounting department aims at:
1. Developing qualified graduates to contribute to the development of accounting profession in the country.
2. Improving the graduates’ experience in a way that would enable them to perform all types of work in the field of accounting.
3. Developing graduates capable of conducting scientific research that can contribute to finding solutions to some of the community issues in the field of accounting.
4. Seeking to emphasize educational values through the curricula of University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences.
5. Adopting authentication in accounting discipline and offering Islamic based-consultation in the field of finance and business.
6. Contributing to building financial budgets of the state in a scientific manner that would enable optimal use and equitable distribution of the country’s resources.
1. Bachelor degree (Hons).
2. Three-year Diploma.