University Admission Requirements
For admission to U of HQIS undergraduate programs candidates are required to have obtained a pass in the Sudanese Secondary School Certificate (the academic section) (or equivalent) or pass in the Ahliya certificate and must satisfy the general requirements of admission.
1. Candidates wishing to attend the Faculty of the Holy Quran are required to have memorized ten Juz (parts) of the Holy Quran and must pass the written examination and interview for entry to the department of Islamic Studies and department of Hadith and its Sciences.
2. For entry to the department of Qiraat (Quran Reading Styles), candidates are required to have memorized the complete Quran and must pass the written examination and interview.
3. For entry to the other faculties, candidates are required to memorize the last three Juz (parts) of the Holy Quran in addition to passing the written examination and interview.
International students’ admission is processed in accordance with equivalent certificates procedures through Higher Education Admission Committee as follows:
Undergraduate applications are submitted to the Admission office at the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
Faculty of Graduate Studies Admission Requirements and Procedures
The Faculty shall at a convenient time announce the deadline for application to graduate studies for qualifying year and postgraduate diploma students, and shall announce examinations dates.
Registration for Higher Diploma
A candidate may after obtaining a bachelor's degree, register for postgraduate diploma degree in a period not less than one academic year and not more than two years according to the requirements of specialization systems. The postgraduate diploma certificate may be considered as preparation for master's degree in a specific specialization in accordance with the rules specified by the Faculty Council, provided that the student has passed with a minimum grade of (good).
Registration for Master’s Degree
1. A candidate may register for Master’s degree in any of the following cases:
- If he has passed the Qualifying year.
- If the candidate has obtained a postgraduate diploma with a minimum of two years of study
provided that he/she has passed graduation examination with a minimum degree of (good).
- If the candidate is specialized in one of the scientific discipline offered by the faculty, has
obtained the degree for a period not less than ten years, has significant scientific contribution
to be evaluated by the faculty and has scientific expertise in the same field.
2. The above-mentioned candidates are required to prepare a full research to obtain the degree
within a minimum period of one year and not to exceed two years except on having an
exemption by the faculty council upon a recommendation by the supervisor.
3. Candidates applying for the above degrees are required to take tests and shall be invited to
interviews as determined by the faculty where they are required to successfully pass such
tests and interviews.
Registration for Doctoral Degree (PhD)
1. A candidate may register for Doctoral program in the following cases:
2. The Faculty Council may consider applications of students who have doctoral degree in
certain disciplines and wish to register for doctoral degree in any other specializations.
3. A student who is registered for doctoral degree must prepare a scientific thesis on a specific subject in the field of specialization within a period not less than two years and not more than three years except with an exception from the faculty council upon a recommendation by the supervisor and dean of the faculty.
4. A candidate for doctoral degree must pass the comprehensive examination before starting preparation of the thesis and that must be on the date announced and in accordance with the exam method specified by the faculty
Graduate Studies Admission and Registration Procedures
A candidate must:
1. Submit the application forms which can be obtained from the faculty Administration.
2. Submit a copy of the following certificates and documents:
3. Payment of application fees.
4. Original certificates for checking.
5. Taking the written or oral examination for Master’s qualifying year and postgraduate diploma,
and comprehensive exam for doctoral candidates.
6. Registration and tuition fees will be paid according to the system and a card will be issued
after registration is approved.
Notice: Students with master's degree from universities other than U of HQIS are required to submit a copy of the master's thesis to be retained.